Saturday, March 3, 2012

Ohhh, the Oscars!

Can you believe the Oscars are done and over with for another year? Wow time goes fast! As much as I love awards shows and staring at beautiful women in ridiculously over-priced dresses, the Oscars this year were kind of underwhelming. I was a little weirded out that in 2012 a black and white silent film won best picture, and when it came to the red carpet, no stars really blew me away! I had to think hard about my best-dressed list, and they were only best-dressed because, well, it’s all relative! So here are some of my favourites! Who did you love the most on the red carpet this year?


Glenn Close wearing Zac Posen. I thought she looked like a babe. Vivacious, bold and sexy, and I really love the colour. The older women in Hollywood so often get stuck looking frumpy or just plain stupid, but Glenn Close nailed it. She looks classy and confident and at the top of her game!



 
Brad Pitt is an afterthought. Angelina Jolie is the love of my life. She needs to gain a few pounds, but that face just kills me. I can’t say I LOVE her dress by Versace, but I do love that leg and I think she could wear a paper bag and still end up one of my favourites. Guess I’m biased!



George Clooney, on the other hand, is never an afterthought! I’m not usually a fan of Stacy Kiebler (who knows, maybe I’m just jealous!) but she made me drool when I saw this dress by Marchesa. She looks like an absolute goddess. The gold is perfect and the dress hugs her body in all the right places. Definitely a winner.




Rooney Mara is definitely making her presence known this year. I love this girl because she comes across so innocent and even awkward amongst all the Hollywood veterans. I’m sure that will change as her bank account grows. This Givenchy gown is fresh and stylish and definitely unique. I don’t think it fits her as well as it could up top, but again, that awkward and shy vibe she gives off makes me forgive the imperfections. I love her hair and makeup. She’s one to watch!



 
And finally, Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen. I have a crush on this woman! She totally took a risk with this pattern, but I think it worked beautifully. I adore the detail and gold on black. She looks almost regal and I think her hair colour and skin tone really helped make this work. The minimal jewellery was also a good choice. She really looks lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! xx